Top rank holder throughout school years.
Stood 7th in the all india ranking in year 2000 in the entrance examination of AIIMS, New Delhi for admission to MBBS.
Simultaneously also secured good ranks in year 2000 in All India CBSE pre medical test, MP Pre Medical Test, BHU MBBS entrance exam, AFMC medical entrance exam.
Secured rank in MP pre engineering test in year 1999.
Stood 1st rank in the MP PAT in the whole state of Madhya Pradesh in the year 2000.
Qualified for the Bruce Davis Gold medal in Palliative medicine, Institute of Palliative Medicine, Medical College, Calicut, Kerala
Stood 3rd in the all india ranking in year 2007 in the entrance examination of NIMHANS, Bangalore for admission to DM in Neurology.
Publications and presentations :
- Poster presentation (High carriage rate of Haemophilus influenzae type B among children of North India : Reason for low HIB diseases ) at XXV Annual Congress of Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists, November 2001
- Das BK, Arora NK, Mathur P, Ostwal P, Mandal S, Kabra SK, Kapil A, Lalitha MK, Thomas K. Nasopharyngeal carriage of Haemophilus influenzae. Indian J Pediatr. 2002 Sep;69(9):775-7. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12420910
- Ostwal Piyush, Bindu PS. Cerebral Edema in Children. Pediscan (Journal of the Bangalore Branch of The Indian Academy of Paediatrics) May-August 2008; 2: 74-78
- Platform presentation (Vascular endothelial growth factor protects against degeneration in a cell culture model of sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) at IANCON 2012, 20th annual conderence of Indian Academy of Neurology, Ahmedabad, 4th-7th October 2012.
- Poster presentation ( Spectrum of EEG abnormalities in a cohort of patients undergoing testing in a teaching tertiary care hospital in Western India) at Annual meet of Indian Academy of Neurology IANCON 2013 at Indore, October, 2013.
- Ostwal P, Dabadghao VS, Sharma SK, Dhakane AB. Chlorpyrifos toxicity causing delayed myeloneuropathy. Ann Indian Acad Neurol 2013;16:736 (http://www.annalsofian.org/text.asp?2013/16/4/736/120443)
- Ostwal Piyush. Abdominal epilepsy: Is it so common? J Pediatr Neurosci. 2013 Sep-Dec; 8(3): 253. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3888050)
- Dabadghao VS, Ostwal P, Sharma SK, Garg SA. Pulvinar sign in acute disseminated encephalomyelitis. Ann Indian Acad Neurol [serial online] 2014 [cited 2014 Jul 26];17:214-6. Available from: http://www.annalsofian.org/text.asp?2014/17/2/214/132640
- Abdominal epilepsy: Is it so common? Ostwal P. J Pediatr Neurosci. 2013 Sep;8(3):253. doi: 10.4103/1817-1745.123698. PMID: 24470827 [PubMed]
- Role of VEGF and VEGFR2 Receptor in Reversal of ALS-CSF Induced Degeneration of NSC-34 Motor Neuron Cell Line. Vijayalakshmi K, Ostwal P, Sumitha R, Shruthi S, Varghese AM, Mishra P, Manohari SG, Sagar BC, Sathyaprabha TN, Nalini A, Raju TR, Alladi PA. Mol Neurobiol. 2014 Jun 1. [Epub ahead of print] PMID:24880751 [PubMed]